I’m old fashioned in my tastes and my favorite band of all times is the Fab Four from Liverpool, the Beatles. I have all the Beatles songs, even the rare ones, on my iPod and I always take it with me to the gym when I workout. Naturally, not everyone is a Beatlemaniac such as I am so I don’t expect you to have every single one of their songs, but if you want to know which are the best Beatles workout songs, I can suggest a few:
1. I Feel Fine – A short but super-catchy tune sung by John Lennon with the rest of the gang on backup vocals. This number can get you into a better mood in a matter of seconds.
2. Twist and Shout – This is actually a cover that the Beatles did on their first album of an American song, but their version withstood the test of time. The words “Shake it now baby” should be enough to prove that this is an awesome workout song.
3. Oh Darling – I just love this song all the way through. I think it’s the crazy guitar and Paul McCartney’s insane vocals on this song from Abbey Road that make it an all time favorite of mine. The chorus line should help you lift bigger weights no matter which exercise you’re currently doing.
4. I Saw Her Standing There – An awesome song from the Beatle’s first album. This number is a great cardio workout song and also works for strength training. Quick, upbeat, and powerful, what more do you need.
5. Eleanor Rigby – I know, this isn’t a Rock song, but something about the tempo of the strings on this song make it into such a powerful number that it always gets me into a deeper level of concentration and helps me workout better.
6. Day Tripper – This song was never featured on one of the Beatles main albums but it still earned a #1 spot on the charts. And why wouldn’t it, it’s one of the all time catchiest songs I’ve ever heard in my life.
7. Hard Days Night – John Lennon sounds like a working class hero in this song and you get the feeling that you’d better put some more into your routine yourself. I like this song especially as both John and Paul sing in it and it’s really fast and furious like a workout song should be.
One thing you should know is that most of the Beatles songs are rather short so you may need some more to cover your entire workout. These seven are surely a good start.