Fashion, to some people, is everything. Though there are people who do not care about how they look, there also are those who care only about fashion trends. Those who are born in the span of 1946 to 1964 are called baby boomers and are known to be the affluent and most influential economists. Just like fashion trends, baby boomers aren’t ever left behind and some among them are trendsetters too.
The boomers are in their late 50s or early 60s now. They were hippies once, but now, they are facing their aging problems which cause problems for them when it comes to dressing and styling. They want clothes that have attitude, but their style that was trendy ages ago; look outdated in today’s trend.
Aging is a process that causes frustration to baby boomers. They look for ways that can slow the process of aging down and at their age of about 50 or 60, they are full of life, screaming and kicking to the world around them that they too can keep up with the trends of today.
This is precisely the reason why companies that are in business related to fashion expect huge increases in their yearly sales owing to baby boomers.
Have men baby boomers been sighted off late? May be you will have a good laugh just by thinking of seeing an oldie in hippies-style taking a walk in a street. Some of them do wear such clothes and receive comments that are not-so-good. If you wish to be in pace with today’s fashion, try these:
1. Wear snug shirts that fit easily across your chest and back trimly and ensure that you can wear a jacket that becomes narrow at your waist. Also use flat-fronts trousers with straight legs which will make you look taller, youthful and flattering too.
2. Blazer look-alike leather jackets add flavor to a wardrobe of a man and can go with jeans or trousers.
3. Wear eyeglasses that are small. Try rimless ones or lightweight frames.
4. Go for slip on or tie style shoes. You can even try low-heeled leather boots or western boots. Shoes that never become old fashioned are black shoes. Make sure you choose ones that have leather soles. Brown shoes also are a great alternative.
5. Navy blue and charcoal gray are flattering colors on older men. You also can try textured fabrics and color combinations.
6. As the hair becomes thinner, you must cut them short so that your best features are accentuated.
If these tips are followed, you will look more youthful. A confidence will be there in you as will be a feeling of being in trend.
Here are some of the biggest don’ts a baby boomer must keep note of:
– Never wear clothes that are too big for you as you will look heavier.
– Do not wear leather pants as it does not suit your age.
– Do not wear big lenses as it will give a droopy appearance to you and will not show your face
– Penny loafers and Oxford are old fashion already, so do not try wearing them.
– Do not wear black because you will look as if you are going to a funeral. This is also holds good for black sweaters.
– Do not cover bald spots with remaining hair. It will look horrendous.
There are lots of fashion designers nowadays who can take care of needs of baby boomers. Boomers can look hip and sophisticated inspire of their age. Designers like Brooks Brothers, Paul Stuart and Under Amour can be found, and are quite good in their jobs. You always can visit them and can seek professional help from them.
Age should not be an excuse for not looking good. Looks of oldies will disappear as baby boomers start to set their fashion trends for themselves at their age. A more fulfilling and exciting life for boomers can be expected.
Not only are men attuned to fashion quite a bit but women boomers also have a very good fashion and style sense. The opportunities for baby boomers for keeping up with the trend are more thanks to the companies that invest on fashion business.
If you are an aging baby boomer, do not sulk in your bedroom and keep staring at your old out of fashion clothes. Go out and look for the right style that suits you. The secret to stay in fashion always is to simply wear comfortable clothes.